These are so fudgy that you would never guess they are healthy — also paleo, vegan and gluten-free! Flourless recipes have the best texture, which is somewhat dense, and the avocado gives these brownies an extra rich and gooey texture, without tasting like avocado. Plus, they give an extra dose of healthy fats.
Gooey Flourless Avocado Brownies
- 1⁄2 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup cashew butter or almond butter (make sure it’s natural and creamy!)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- 11⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8-by-8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add banana and avocado in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in cashew butter and blend.
- Add in maple syrup, dark cocoa powder and baking soda, blend.
- Add batter to a large bowl and stir in chocolate chips
- Add batter to pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and add glaze, if desired.
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well, add to brownies.